Does the thought of having iPhone spyware on your shiny new iPhone have you worried? Installing spy software on an iPhone is a lot easier than you might think. It only takes a few minutes, and once the iPhone spyware is installed, you’ll never know it’s there. The good news is that there are little signs that you can look out for which might indicate you have iPhone spyware installed.
TOP FIVE WAYS TO DETECT IPHONE SPYWARE
1) Has someone asked to borrow your iPhone? There is absolutely no way to install iPhone spyware without someone getting physical access to your iPhone. This means that if you are 100% sure nobody has used your iPhone (even for a couple minutes), then the odds of you having iPhone spyware on your iPhone is very slim.
2) HUGE Cell Phone Bill! Have you recently started to see an increase in your cell phone bills? iPhone spyware sold by companies such as Mobile Spy, require a data connection such as GPRS/3G to transfer the data that has been recorded. This means if you are not the type of person who uses their iPhone to download the latest “must have” iPhone app, then an unusual increase in data traffic is a good sign that you might have iPhone spyware on your iPhone.
3) iPhone Battery Drain? The iPhone is notorious for having a sub par battery life. However, if all of the sudden it gets worse, and you find yourself getting 100 a significantly shorter amount of talk time & standby hours, then this could also be a sign someone has installed iPhone spyware. iPhone spyware runs continuously in the background, recording events such as incoming/outgoing text messages, call history, and GPS location in 15 minute intervals. It then uploads the logs to a secure remote server so the person who installed the iPhone spyware can access the logs and view everything recorded on the iPhone. This takes a little bit of juice to make it all happen, so if you suddenly see a drop in your iPhone’s battery life, then it could also be a sign your iPhone has spyware installed.
4) Shut Down Problems? If you try to shut down your iPhone and it doesn’t respond, then this could also be another indication that your cell phone has iPhone spyware installed. I’m sure you can remember several instances where you tried to shut down your computer, but ran into problems because another program wouldn’t respond. The same thing could occur on an iPhone that has iPhone spyware installed on it.
5) Check Your Icons! Do you notice an increase in the amount of times your GPRS/3G icon appears? Remember, in order for the iPhone spyware to transfer the data collected on your iPhone, it has to connect to the internet. When this happens, your iPhone briefly show an icon that indicates a connection is occurring to the internet. Another set of icons to look out for is if your iPhone is not jailbroken. iPhone spyware can ONLY be installed on a jailbroken iPhone. A jailbroken iPhone will have a set of unique icons that are not the same as your iPhone is if it’s still locked to the network. If you find your iPhone is either suddenly jailbroken and/or strange icons have appeared, this is definitely a sign you could have iPhone spyware installed.
Remember, it only takes roughly 10 minutes for someone to install iPhone spyware, so keep your iPhone with you at all times, don’t let someone borrow it, and always require a passkey to use the iPhone.
DISCLAIMER: iPhone spy software (cell phone monitoring software) is designed for monitoring your children or employees on a smartphone you own or have proper consent to monitor (in compliance with applicable laws), and you must inform anyone who uses a device upon which the software is installed that their activity may be monitored. You should NEVER attempt to spy on a cell phone you don’t own, monitor your spouse, significant other or adult children with any cell phone monitoring product without the consent and knowledge of such persons. Doing so may be illegal, and violate local, state, and federal laws in your country and you could be subject to civil or criminal penalties. We will cooperate with authorities in investigation of any allegations of misuse. If you are uncertain of your rights to monitor the usage of a cellular device, you should consult legal counsel BEFORE purchasing.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: This disclosure is provided so you as a consumer understands the relationship between a person reviewing, endorsing, or writing about a product or service and the product owner or service provider. This website participates in various affiliate programs in which the owner(s) receive a commission whenever you purchase through a link on this site. These links can be in the form of text links located throughout the site, in blog posts, on pages, linked from images within a post or on a page, buttons, within the sidebar, and graphic ads such as banners. Even though the owner(s) of this website may have been provided compensation, we always post honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences based on our research and/or experience with the product or service. We are independently owned, and the views and opinions expressed on this website are purely the writer’s own. Any product claim, feature, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified. For more details click HERE.